Never has ‘Jeans and a Nice Top’ Looked so Fabulous
1. Merlot is a must-have colour this season and is guaranteed to complement all skin tones. We adore the high lace neckline and sheer sleeve combination on this long-sleeved top from OASIS. It pairs well with black or white jeans that can be transformed from a day to an evening outfit by exchanging a pair of embellished flats for your favourite heels.
Lace sheer sleeve knit, £42.00, OASIS
2. Embroidered button-up shirts are a great option for both work and social events. They provide a great vehicle to express femininity with floral patterns spotted on the hem, collar and sleeves of many high-street shirts. We love this peach flowing shirt from ZARA which has an adorable contrasting velvet bow, it looks great with wide leg jeans and a pair of black midi-boots but could also be paired with vinyl black trousers- another statement item this season.
Shirt with embroidered collar and bow, £25.99, ZARA
3. We are also obsessed with the tie-front crops that are flooding the shelves of stores at the moment. In particular, we like this flute-sleeved mustard top from PrettyLittleThing, it’s a gorgeous autumnal colour which we think would look great paired with Black jeans and strappy heels for an evening out.
Mustard tie front frill sleeve blouse, £15.00, PrettyLittleThing
4. Consider a red top if you want to stand out from the crowd and give your wardrobe a refresh. The colour is remaining current this season as seen on catwalks from the likes of Tommy Hilfiger and Burberry and it works great when worn as a statement layer. Our favourite is this textured fluted sleeved number from Phase Eight which can be worn in the day or dressed up in the evening with black jeans, knee-high boots and dress jewellery.
Farah fluted sleeve top, £55.00, Phase Eight
5. Finally, you need to know that cold-shoulder styles are sticking around for another season. The trend of exposing bare shoulders on long-sleeved garments is here to stay and can be seen on jumpers, dresses and jumpsuits. One of our favourites is this girly lace Lipsy top which features cute neck and wrist ties. It seems this versatile top can be paired with almost anything; Pick from blue Mom jeans, black vinyl trousers or an embroidered mini skirt depending on the occasion.
Lipsy lace insert cold shoulder blouse, £30.00, Lipsy