Summer Trends for Women 2021
There seems to be light at the end of what has been a very long tunnel. We are all so excited about being able to get our glad rags on and actually enjoy getting dressed for Summer. From Paris to Milan, there has been some serious style inspiration with the top fashion trends spotted at SS21 Fashion Weeks. This year, some of the most influential decades have played a huge role in this season’s looks. After a year of changing from pj’s into loungewear and then back into pjs every day, we are so ready to look ahead and see what the warmer months have in store for us in the style department.
So hear are ten of the top fashion trends to inspire you for summer:
- Crop tops and bralettes: You need to be doing some serious ab work if you want to wear this trend. Or maybe your abs are already in fine shape!
- Puffy Sleeves: Yes voluminous sleeves continue on from last season and work incredibly well with statement trousers, shorts or skirts with sexy splits.
- Head scarfs: Taking inspiration from the 50’s and 60’s this sophisticated fashion trend is coming back in a big way.
- Monochrome: Many designers opted for black and white, most often worn together.
- Floaty maxi dresses: For those that do not have the abs for crop tops and bralettes these floor sweeping sheer maxi dresses are perfect for a glamourous evening drinking a cocktail.
- Wrap around straps: Lots of straps, wrapped around the waist, on tops, trousers and dresses add a little holiday touch to your outfit.
- Sorbet pastel tones: Pastel tones are another trend that has continued to dominate this year, which is perfect for the summer and they suit a wide variety of skin tones.
- Sheer: This season brings a range of cool new ways to embrace the sheer trend. From simple semi-sheer layering to create 70‘s inspired chic to wearing as an additional layer over your mini dress, there are so many options you can choose from.
- Wide leg trousers: Yes they are back this season, high- waisted '80s-style office trousers, cropped culottes and utilitarian cargo pants.
- Sparkles and sequins: Fittingly, given that none of us have worn sequins for what feels like aeons, the new season’s crop of sparkly numbers inspire relaxed glamour.
For a few ideas where to shop these trends click this link and view our full eshot.